Thursday 10 April 2008

NICE & EASY
















Ive had a little play and managed to come up with 5 atcs that i believe are nice & easy. The lady in the black dress is my great grandmother Ellen Louisa Seabrook. She was 21 in this photo and had been married for 2 years with a 6 month old baby. Notice her waist? Well after having albert it has gone up 2 inches to 19 inches. She was a much desired and admired young lady as she had a waist of 17 inches. Infact when i go back to the village where all my family were born and bred for generations you still hear the story of her tiny waist. The older generation who remember her have told me she was not only a sofly spoken lady but her beauty was the envy of many women for miles and the fight of many a young man trying to win her affections ( As they call it). Many have told me i take after her for my small frame and eyes,lol. Wish i had the waist though,lol! Oh to be a true size 0 would be great instead of a size 8 jeans,lol.
The other ATCs are using the Paperbag studios that are sold at Scrapz.
have a lovely evening.
Tina
xx

7 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

Your ATCs are a joy to behold - luscious colours and lots of detail.
Please could I trade with you 'Queen for a day' and 'Raven Birds' - thats if they are still available.Anything particular you want in return. Mermaids?
Love Linda x

Anonymous said...

Hiya just popped over from Chriss' blog and my eyes are popping out at all your wonderful eyecandy. Wowweee how gorgeous are you atc's...love them all!!
Chris xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina beautiful ATC ,lovely story about your Family .I( used )to have a 22inch waist and that was tiny ,I'm now like you size 8 and look better for it I don't like to be too thin as I get older .I'm sure you are a perfect 8.Love from sesga xx

Kazza said...

Love your story about your great grandmother - never mind wanting to be a size 0 - I dream of being a size 8!

Jaqi said...

Hi Tina, You have been busy, These are lovely and I enjoyed reading the story about your family. Did you use an actual photo, or have you scanned in the picture and printed it out? It would be nice to do a family tree of atcs and have some family history recorded on the back of each one, that would be a nice gift to pass down to a child to allow them to keep the family stories and history alive.Put them all in a little treasure chest. Thank you for sharing, I love old photos. Jaqi x

sakazoke said...

Jaqi i used a photo that was passed down to me by her youngest daughter who is my great aunt Grace. I then scanned it into my laptop and left it as it was. I didnt need to touch it up at all. I then printed it out onto glossy decoupage paper which is great paper to have in the house. I stumbled by that by chance as i wanted something that looked quality like pro glossy photo paper but was thinner and easier to cut.
Im glad you all like the story on Great Grandma, she was heck of a lady. I admire her for having 13 children as well. Think id have been commited to the looney bin if that had of been me,lol.

Tina
xx

Rosie said...

Gorgeous ATCs Tina - I can't get over how different they all are. No comment on size 8 or 0 as do not believe such things exist, or if they do they shouldn't be allowed!!