Saturday 22 March 2008

Happy Easter Weekend.




Happy Easter Holidays to you all. Ive had a lovely lazy few days just reading an old batch of Somerset Studio Magaines ive had since 1998. How strange to look at them and see see cards then made with very artsy stamps. Those stamps are still around today and i have a lot of them in my collection. The magazines dont look dated at all. In fact they look more artistic than any of the craft magazines you see today in the shops. The UK is still years behind.
So, you see, ive made loads of ATCs. Ive gone with a collage image theme, but ive made all of my own backgrounds. Ive not cheated,lol! They are all my own creation and yet again ive come out of the comfort zone to try new things. Am i pleased with them? Well??? I wasnt at first. I hated them to begine with as i thought they looked amaturish if you know what i mean? But i tweeked about with them and in the end they gelled nicely. Im very pleased with them now. I wont let anyone see things im not happy with.
The scanner is still not to my liking and ive been fiddling with the settings but they are still a bit bright. The colours are good, rich and bold. Some have Twinkling H20s for a wash of colour as well. Most are embossed to add texture as well.
Anyway, hope you like them as much as i do this time. If you want to swap let me know as im more than happy to do so.
Hugs
Tina
xx

4 comments:

Kazza said...

They are all stunning Tina - I love the mix of stamps and collage images. And on those gorgeous and unique backgrounds you make they are perfect.

Jaqi said...

Wow, you are very clever. I have just started making ATC's and i wish I had half the talent you have. You love making them thats shows in your work. Thank you for the inspiration. Keep up the good work, Jaqi

Jacky said...

I am really enjoying all of your ATC's... you are creating wonderful art!

Jaqi said...

Hi, Would you like to trade your 'Memories live within' , Im trying to collect atc's with anything to do with Paris, and this is a really lovelt atc. Please email me if you would like to trade. Thank you Jaqi
jaqiswany@aol.com