Thursday 13 March 2008

Learning with new colours


Today i decided id have a play with colours. Got to get out of the vintage look or shabby chic as i call them. So i went for burnt orange and pumpkin oranges, lilacs and lavenders, and purples.

The little fairy sitting on the art ticket was given to me by a friend. Isnt she just the cutiest ever? Might be a bit too purple for some, but i love the colours. I painted her wings with Twinkling H2os, as was her dress and shoes.

The Mona Lisa was just stamped onto semi gloss card kindly given to me by Karen of Scrapz. Great stuff that takes most mediums. I mounted Mona onto a background i made using Ranger Adirondack Tim Holtz Alcohol inks in Butterscotch, Terracotta, and rust. I added some gold mixative to it and a few drops of blending fluid. Then i embossed some artist brown dye ink that was stamped with a script stamp by Penny Black.

The fly me to the moon was a nice easy one. I was playing with inks and making background with a sheet of plain card under my work. I move the card about so got a mish mash of colours from all the inks used. I looked at the card and as a rule of thunb i normally throw it away, but decided to pick a section of the mess and cut it out. It looked so pretty i mounted it to a atc card. Then i stamped on it. Thats how it all come together for me. You would never know this was scrap that would have been cucked away.

Anyway, im working on 2 pear fruit ATCs right now. Looking really lovely as ive used the metallics mixative inks by Rangers. Wont say no more. Let me finish them and then you can judge for yourself.

Have a lovely day folks, and remember....get those fingers nice and inky :)


Hugs

Tina

xx
All three ATCs have now been swapped.

No comments: