Thursday 6 March 2008

More ATCs at long last.







What a busy week I've had. Apart from crafting Ive been putting in more work on my young colt foal Duke. Sadly his mother Village Cargo died 6 weeks ago to an unknown illness. It knocked me for six losing her as she was a very special girl to me. Ive always wanted a Village prefix Dales pony, so getting her in foal was a dream for me. Poor girl had not not always been so well cared for or even loved like she should have been, but i promised her last owner that would all change and she would spend the rest of her days with me.



Cargo as i called her , was precious to me, and not a day passes that i don't think of her, miss her , or even love her. I do wish she was well and still here with me, but i don't wish her the pain she had to suffer.



Anyway, its because of her i started making the ATCs. My first ATC was in remembrance of her, and what she meant to me.



Last may she gave birth to a beautiful colt and we named him Duke. Such a stunning boy he was as well with his fawn coloured coat and the famous Dales Pony Star on his forehead. He was her pride and joy, and she was mine.






Anyway, back to the ATCs. I had the most amazing mothers day where i could do as i pleased. I got a set of 12 glimmer mists. Such beautiful colours with a glimmer of shimmer. Id not go over boad and say they get a strong effect as you dont, but if you like subtle then these babies are for you. I got the Moulin Rouge set, and the Ocean breeze set. Just perfect for me as i love colours in the sets. I didnt want the golds they do as im bored with too much of that. I wanted colour.



So i got down to ATCs that day and made a total of 12 of them. The fun i had doing what i wanted that day was measured to a memory of being a kid in a toy shop and being allowed to play till i dropped.



Then the next day i made some more. I have to do loads just in case my friends dont like my work. They always seem to have ATCs i want but i never know if what i make is going to be good enough.



Today i have made another 4 as i got some new stamps and wanted to try them out.






The other day i was the gallery winner at http://www.scrapz.co.uk/ . I couldnt not believe my luck when i got the email to say my atc of Dull Women won for the month. I got the best pressie ever from them as well, plus my ATC features on their front page for a month.



Karen the owner has been busy making the most amazing ATCs. She sent me photos of all 12 and i at once wanted them all. Yes, i know Greedy Bitch, but thats me. When i see quality like she produces then i know i have to have the best. You all know i love her ATCs. They inspire me, and they give me ideas to have a go myself.



So today i made more just in case i get the chance to swap her set of 12 with 13 of mine as i owe her a trade from last time.



Here are the first lot of ATCs, and i will load up the other 4 later.



Have a fun day, and feed the mind and soul with art.



Tina



xx

No comments: